Monday, July 09, 2007

My indiscriminate, carefree ways during my teens are now taking their toll on my body. I can tell. I am not as healthy as I was and I feel so fragile that everything in my body seem to hurt at the first sign of irritation or discomfort. Stand up for a long time and my leg will want to give in.

For several months now, my Saturdays have always been trips to the clinic for lab tests to monitor my sugar. When I got back from Thailand, my sugar level shot up which caused my doctor to increase the dosage of my meds and add some more. Thank God it has normalized already. I got the scare of my life when my creatinine and microalbumin yielded a high level. This meant my kidneys are starting to lose protein and my doctor told me if this does not improve, I might have to undergo dialysis if my kidney fails.

I was forbidden to eat red meat anymore. No pork or beef which has always been my staple eversince I was born. I followed and guess what, last Saturday's result was very promising. All my tests yielded normal. FBS, 2HPPBS, creatinine, uric acid etc. - Normal!

The bad news is that I am down with the flu! I cannot go to work today since I have not been feeling well since Saturday night. How can I keep this old body of mine work as if I am only 18?

13 comments:

batjay said...

kaya mo yan sir. disiplina lang naman sa pagkain at exercise. i know how you feel dahil yan din ang problema ko nung lumipat kami rito sa amerika 2 years ago.

i just turned 40 and was overweight and hypertensive. nagpa check-up ako after a year dahil alam ko may problema ako. i found out it was diabetes with high blood pressure.

parang naging wake up call ko yung test results - bigla akong nag workout at nagpapayat. medyo mahirap lang talaga mag disiplina dahil masarap kumain at mas masarap matulog kaysa mag exercise.

good luck sir.

rolly said...

Batjay Bosing, mukhang kakayanin naman at hindi na ko nagle crave sa red meat. Yun nga lng, minsan nakkswa na rin ang puro isda at chicken breast. Bakit kasi kung ano ang masarap, yun ang bawal, ano?

tintin said...

Feel better, Tito Rols.

Start taking care of your body internally too. See if tai chi, or meditating can help you.

Woody would have more to say about this, i don't have his expertise, eh.

Take care!

ipanema said...

It's good to hear about your latest lab results. It's a bit worrying even if there's only 1 to turn a bit on the not-so-good reading.

It's not only you feeling those irritants.

Ganyan talaga yata pag bumabata tayo ha? :)

Anyway, hinay-hinay lang sa meat.

Anonymous said...

Talagang ganyan ang buhay kailangan may isakripisyo para mas maging masaya. sana'y ka naman kumain ng gulay eh! kaya sa birthday ko puro gulay ang ipapakain ko sa'yo. Kailangan mas maging maingat para madami pa tayong mga lakad na mapuntahan at mapasyalan na kahit malayo e makapag drive ka.
take care rolly. miz ka na namin.

bebs

Anonymous said...

rolly

Listen to your doctor and to your body. I will make sure you have a healthy diet when you come to Malaysia! No red meat for you! I will arrange some other interesting things to keep your mind off red meat!

rolly said...

tintin I have always wondered about tai chi. Maybe I'll try it one time.

ipanema PAra ngang pabata ako ng pabata eh. hehe

bebs Sayang di na ko pwedeng uminom eh. Pero sama pa rin ako sa mga lakad ng mga boys. Maganda nga yung habang nagbabaraha e ako lang ang hindi lasing. Parati kong panalo bwahahaha

bayi I'm sure you will. Can't wait to see you, my friend.

auee said...

I hope you're feeling better... I used to say my body needs an overhaul. Three years ago, I've decided I need a new body altogether hehe

rolly said...

auee Ako din. At sana yung sexy nang katawan! hehe

I feel a lot better, thanks.

rolly said...

auee Ako din, nag-iisip ng ganyan. At sana, yung sexy nang katawan maibigay sakin. hehe

I'm feeling a lot better, thanks.

Dr. Emer said...

3 words: exercise, exercise, exercise!

i will call you before this week is over, tito!

rolly said...

Doc Emer YEs, I had been exercising. Mahirap lang ang natutunan kong exercise. Chess!

Sana swimming din kaso every Saturday lang ako pwede at saka, pangit din, hindi ako pinapawisan :-)

cathy said...

titorolly,
hirap talagang umiwas sa red meat lalo pag prime beef.

pero trying hard.

wala ka bang pang measure ng blood sugar level mo?

Ako hindi ko muna tinake yong bagong meds. Bagsak to 50 minsan ang bs ko.

mahirap talaga pag nasa dugo natin ang diabetes. Kahit kapatid kong payat, may diabetes.

I won't say, I abused my body when I was younger. Vegetarian ako, don't smoke, don't drink and practised yoga.