Sunday, August 27, 2006

happy days are here again!

Sheesh, I have been meaning to update my blog at least twice a week but have not done so because of other pressing matters. Anyway, I think I should post something light this time around. Several happy occasions have happened to the family since July 28th, my sister-in-law's birthday. Allow me to save these wonderful memories here. These, more in chronological order than by importance, were:

On July 28, my son Mickey, played a violin solo in his new found chamber group, the DLSU Chamber Orchestra. One thing about my son is that he seems to know what he likes and I have always been proud of that. First, he is not from DLSU but from another University affiliated to it. Nevertheless, he auditioned for the chamber and got accepted. Most of his friends from high school joined the Pop Orchestra but he didn't. He wanted chamber music more, I guess, so he opted to be alone. Much to our surprise, not only was he accepted, he was already given a stint in its concert featuring members doing solo performances. I can see my wife beaming with pride as he stepped onstage, clad with suit and tie and violin in hand. He didn't seem to be nervous and I wonder how come I would have been jittery had it been I up that stage at that age?

--------------------

The following Sunday, we celebrated my sister-in-law's birthday at Indang, Cavite. We went to Balay Indang, a resort house with either Thai or Indonesian theme. The inclement weather never dampened my children's spirits as they went swimming just the same. We had a wonderful time indulging on the sumptuous food the place has to offer. Me and my wife also indulged ourselves with a simple massage.

--------------------

On August 19, my eldest daughter and her group successfully defended their thesis. They were actually pining for a nomination for best thesis but were three points shy. At any rate, me and my wife are about to graduate our first child in October. Now, ain't that neat? One thing about my daughter is that she is soooo organized! I accidentally found her schedule posted on her table where her activities by the hour are all lined up with each task highlighted if it has been done. Her whole college life had been well-planned and you could see clearly where she was at the moment in her schooling as she maps out her courses. i wonder where she got that. Certainly not from me!

23 comments:

batjay said...

congratulations bossing. you must be so proud of your kids. you've raised them well.

sana sumali ka rin sa chamber orchestra.

rolly said...

Batjay Thank you, sir. I have always been proud of my kids and try to raise them the best way I can.

Hindi ako pwede sa chamber. Mabagal akong bumasa ng nota and besides, walang gitara dun. hehe

Anonymous said...

Naku Tito Rolly, I'm very happy for you and the missus. Your children - and the good persons they will become - are your biggest achievement. Congratulations! (I like chamber music too ... so what did they play?)

ipanema said...

congratulations rolly! It is neat...what with all that, who can't be proud of them? :)

rolly said...

Bugsy yeah, my children are my biggest achievement in life.

My son played Htinggabi (as usual for him...hehe) and they played Eine Kleine as a group.

Ipanema I have nothing to do with these. It's their own doing, so to speak. I only give my endless support. Thanks.

Rey A said...

How was your massage? Must be very relaxing. Congrats to your daughter and son. You and your wife are now reaping your rewards after years of pag aaruga. Beaming with pride and accomplishment.

rolly said...

Rey A The massage was alright.

Yes, our pride and joy are the children and we are beginning to reap the fruits of our labor.

Anonymous said...

Magandang araw po, Tito Rolly!

Napadpad po ako sa blog n’yo nang minsan akong nag search tungkol sa famous words ng ating pambansang bayani. Buti na lang isa sa mga link ay papunta sa blog ninyo, otherwise I wouldn’t have discovered the gem that was hidden underneath the "pages" of "Mga Kuwento ni Tito Rolly," mistulang lumang baul na maraming kayamanan sa loob. Sarap n’yo sigurong maging guro. Puwede po bang mag sit-in? Hehehe.

I like your blog, sir, at gusto ko kayong purihin at batiin sa matagumpay na pagpupunyagi ninyong mapalaganap ang kulturang Pinoy in a digital and worldly fashion. Tinuturing ko kayong tulay sa Inang Bayan dahil nandito ako ngayon sa Estados Unidos.

Ilalagay ko po ang blog ninyo sa blogroll ko (by the time I have launched my own) dahil balak ko kayong bisitahin every now and then. Grabe, ang dami n’yo nang nasulat, tapos may iba pa kayong blogspot. Nagugulumihanan ako with the mere thought of wanting to read each and every entry from way back. Ang natatandaan ko sa mga akda n’yo yung tula tungkol sa Ultra stampede at yung essay tungkol sa colonial mentality vis-a-vis language.

I was looking for an email link in "Mga Turo...", Soft Grumbles" and "Blogkadahan" but found none. Kaya post a comment na lang ako. Balang araw aanyayahan ko kayong bisitahin ang blog ko. Feel free po to post a comment. I’ll surely appreciate your opinion.

Yun lamang po and thank you for taking the time to read my rather long comment.

Gumagalang,

Peter (bikolanongbulkan@yahoo.com)

Anonymous said...

What else could you ask for? Congratulations.

I wish there are more kids and parents like you so our country can move forward.

Mabuhay ka!

rolly said...

Peter thank you for your kind words. I'm flattered.

My email address is in my profile. :-)


myepinoy My wishlist never ends but I am happy with what I have. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

ako ay nag balik para mag hasik ng lagim!!! bumisita ako dahil... WALA NANG PASOK!! WEEEEE!

Papi! Salamat sa pagpuri mo sa amin ni ATE Kraig. wehehehe

sige mag babasa pa ako.

Anonymous said...

my kids call their dad papi too!

good things coming your way,rolly. missus must be all smiles.

my eldest is now in her 3rd year,hayy pero may 2 pa..

JMom said...

Congratulations, Rolly! Your children are really something to be proud of. They are so talented and smart. Buti na lang nagmana sila sa nanay :D

Seriously, you and Nitz have done a wonderful job. Something we all as parents can learn from. Sana naman I can make this same announcement someday. Parang ang sarap sabihin yung 'my daughter graduated from college today'.

Unknown said...

Hello Rolly! i am sure you'll feel that unexplained joy once you see your daughter receiving her diploma. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

Pare & Mare,

You deserved to have kids like them. Nasa magulang talaga ang lahat kung bakit sila ganito ngayon... More and more blessings for your family. I'm so proud for both of you.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Idol. Kakaingit ka sa pagkakaroon ng mga anak na tulad nila. Pero sigurado ko ganon din sila ka proud sa inyo bilang mga magulang.
-Santi

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Rolly.

I think when your son Mickey stepped on stage, only only your wife was beaming with pride. From your acount, you were more than beaming with pride! And with good reason too. I believe few parents have this privilege of seeing their children exhibiting their talents like this and being accepted into a good chamber orchestra. Chamber orchestra! Your son sounds like he has really matured into a focused young man with an excellent future. He's as artistic as his father, don't you think? :)

That your daughter is so organized is a good sign. I have come across many employees who are still disorganized and they fail to exercise even half your daughter's discipline even after undergoing training in related courses. If she is organized, she will be a choice employee when she joins the rat race. :)

You are a lucky man, rolly! Truly blessed. Congratulations again.

I am also glad that you have taken time off with your wife to relax.

rolly said...

Mickey Mag-aral maigi.

Sachiko One more year and your daughter is graduating, too. I know what you're thinking. "Where did my little girl go?"

JMom We just try our best. No assurances just hope for the best.

Luchie I feel it already. Lol!

Pareng Lito and Mareng Thelma Had you been here in the country, I would have invited you guys to watch your inaanak play.

Santi Sana nga.

Thanks a lot guys!

cbs said...

paglaki ko boss, gagayahin kita, magkakaron din ako ng madaming anak na pogi/magaganda tsaka talented. (wala lang sanang mangji-jink, wehehe).

rolly said...

CBS Subukan mong abutin ang tenga mo. PAg naabot mo, pede ka nang mag-asawa at magka anak kasi malaki ka na eh.

Thanks.

Vicky said...

Congratulations to you and your better half for nurturing children the world can be so proud of. Good work and I know that there's a lot of hard work and sacrifices at the back...Now it's time to sit back and reap the produce of the greatest investment of all- the children and their education in and out of the school.

Svelte Rogue said...

idol

rolly said...

Vicky Not just yet. The work has just begun. Thanks

Svelte Flattering.