Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nasty C5

If you pass by C5 enroute to the SLEX like I do everyday, beware of the road as it sometimes has umbrella wires to ruin your tires. I have been a victim before. It was on the first day of school last year when my front tire suddenly blew-out! It was a good thing I don't drive that fast considering we were running late. Had I been going at top speed, the blown out tire would have caused the car to go haywire as it was the front wheel. And I had my kids with me.

Why wasn't I surprised when out of nowhere, a man offered help? I asked him if he had a good jack and true enough, he said he can get from a house (presumably a vulcanizing shop) at the opposite side of the road). My first impulse was to get angry at him suspecting that it was he who planted that thing on the road. But then, that was sheer speculation and I had no proof. Besides, I really had to be in school on time. So, I told him it was too far and that he can use my jack instead. And he did. After several minutes, he finished, I gave him a hundred and was on my way. I definitely won't have that tire fixed on that vulcanizing shop across the street.

And I thought I learned my lesson! Hell no! it happened to me again today. We were on our way home and not realizing it, I was already running with a flat tire. I only got to learn about it when my friends, who ride with me, got off at Buting and someone told me I had a flat tire. With no vulcanizing shops around, I took a good look at the tire and decided it can go a few more kilometers before the air really ran out.

I found a shop near Bagong Ilog and lo and behold! We found three pins made out of umbrella wire, all lined up (this made me sure they were planted on the road). The only reason the tire did not give in at once was because unlike before where two big pins were embedded on wood (that made the pins lose their grip on the tire causing the air to go out) these new pins were embedded on the tire. Tubeless tires don't give in easily if you leave the nail hanging onto the tire, you see.

I'm sure I got these pins at the same place where I was victimized before. So, if you are going to pass by C5, keep your eyes open as the road is not completely safe!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really nasty! Reminded me of that lunatic (sorry I forgot his name) who ran as presidential candidate and who they said was responsible for all those nails scattered along EDSA. Don't you think the police should be notified? This endangers lives.

rolly said...

Bugsy I think you're referring to Mr. Elly Pamatong. hehe

I think the police should be notified, once I see one in that part of the road.

Vicky said...

tsk tsk tsk i wish those people will use their 'ingenuity' in more useful ways...menace to the society. better luck next time, rolly.

rolly said...

Vicky Unfortunately they really are a menace to society.

Cerridwen said...

tito Rolly, here, the cops will be watching for the doer of this crime. It is considered a felony here. Can you imagine the effect of this horrible prank? Lives will be involved. Sometimes I don't really understand people when they do something ike this. They don't consider that it can be their mother or child in the vehicle that can be devastated by the outcome of this horrible prank. Argh!

glad so far nothing bad has happened to you caused by this ...

Rey A said...

Tito Rolly, somethings never change. It's still the "notorious" C-5 especially at night. Thank God in both instances nothing bad happened to you and your companions.

batjay said...

gardenget... hanggang ngayon pala uso pa rin yan sa C5.

i remember, marami sa mga kaopisina ko ang nabiktima nito. mas malaking problema siguro ito ngayon kasi mas marami nang nakatira to the left and right of C5.

di bale bossing, may balik lahat yan.

rolly said...

Cerridwen I suppose it is a felony here, too, considering the potential damage it can cause. However, I think it would be very hard for the cops to catch the culprits. C5 is very long and wide. And besides, no policeman is ever present in that place.

ReyA Yes, I am glad nothing bad happened to us. I always have my children with me.

Batjay Actually, naging tame na nga ata e. i use to hear stories like the squatters who were displaced by C5 would throw rocks at vehicles. i don't know if this was true, though.

Anonymous said...

Definitely the police should be notified but will they do anything at all? I know of cases where oil is spread on the road and lo, a tow truck comes by conveniently with two minutes of an accident. These unscrupulous people don't even care if lives are lost!

rolly said...

Bayi PRecisely. Besides, it would be tough catching these guys. All one needs is several seconds to throw the pins on the road.

auee said...

Reckless selfishness... they're putting people's lives at risk... desperate times talaga.

The crooks should be nabbed & soon.

Anonymous said...

NANGYARI NA NAMAN SAYO!! Grabe na yun ah. Naalala ko pa yung feeling nung natusok yung gulong natin. Kailgan ng aksyunan yan!

rolly said...

auee oo nga e. Bwisit no?

Mickey Kasama ka pa nga pala namin last year ano? Yes, naulit uli.

Anonymous said...

sir nangyari kay mikko yan. :( sa C5 rin. modus operandi daw talaga.

hehe, napadaan lang dito. :D

--rika