Friday, May 21, 2021

The Littlle Boy at Five Two and Oh


I saw a litte cloud up in the air
tiny droplets of blue haze
swirling and twirling peacefully
as I intently fixed my gaze
Expecting to see it form into a car,
a boat, a dragon or a horse
as clouds normally do,
a gust of wind blew
and it is gone after two
the boy at five two and oh
my bundle of joy, source of my laughter
my warmth and my relief
never denying me of the tightest hugs
sweetest kisses as he welcomes me with delight.
Sorry my dear but I cannot share
your fondness for the iron beasts
while you look at them with glee
as they roar and pass us by.
I know it will take you away from me.
I could have helped mould you into a fine shape
with my bare hands, my experience
and most of all my heart
but this boy at five two and oh
has left as I feared.
I couldn’t even ignite the fire
of the kiln to harden the shape he is in.
The cloud is now settled on a different shore
where it would form into a stallion, a unicorn
an angel perhaps and I cannot see it transform.
The boy at five two and oh
Shall have a different tongue
I can barely understand
He will have no memories of me
for he has just turned two.
I shall always bear in my heart
his tight embrace, flying kisses
the wonder in his eyes
his grunts and requests to take him out
to walk in the park
Goodbye for now my sweet little child
I hope I have planted something in your heart.
Lolo pogi



1 comment:

DLSMIZEL said...

We miss you Kauai! :)