Saturday, December 01, 2018

Goodbye New York

Today ends my New York journey. I will always remember the wailing sirens in the streets, the chilly climate, the trains that serve as the blood that run through its veins, but most of all my friends of long ago that I have reconnected with, all of them eager to show me what life has done for them as they individually braved to live in a foreign world and how they thrived, built a family and successfully adapted to a city that seems to be always busy. Thanks to my hosts who unselfishly shared their wonderful home during my stay - the lovely and kind children, Floyd and Frankie, parents, ama and ina, but most of all, to Froi and Leovie Finis Diaz. To my good friend Norman who tirelessly took the role of being my tour guide taking me to wonderful places, with matching gift of recuerdos, Oswaldo Dela Cruz, for a sumptuous buffet dinner at Mizumi, who thinks sponsoring dinner was not enough, that he had to gift me with several socks and a new pair of shoes. Dinner together with Jong, who, i was told, could not be taken out of his hectic schedule, and Brader Joel was a night of nothing but fun. Bheng Pargas Yenko for hosting that evening of merriment and finally, e cannot view everything the Met has in one whole day,mMary Jane Allam Tuatis and her family for taking me out the whole day yesterday. To all my friends who took time out to be with me, I truly appreciate it and am so glad we met again and be together albeit a very short but a very meanngful moment.
Now, after having seen New York, I can say that I have seen a much different world the US can provide. It encaptulates the life of city dwelling and with all the chaos,large population and all that, it has its own charm far different from all the other places I have been to.
Knowing that I have barely scratched the surface considering one cannot see and know what New York is all about in just one week, like one cannot view the Met in just one whole day, I still have yet to see the MoMa and Guggenheim, for example, I am already itching to find my way back. Once again, thank you New York. I can't wait to share you with my family one day!

No comments: