Thursday, April 21, 2011

A crown jewel for twenty six

I wake up today in luxury. We celebrated Nitz' birthday and our 26th anniversary yesterday. As agreed, we were to hear mass at 6 a.m. I acceded thinking it was her birthday and since it's a Wednesday, I assumed it would be a very ordinary short mass. However, when I woke up, Nitz was no longer in bed. (She is currently sleeping with her 87 year old mother as the mother's companion, Theresa, our trusted house help, has gone on vacation in her hometown in Bicol.) Before I digress, Nitz had already gone when I tried to go to her to wake her up. I thought she might have gone to church already or she could just be buying bread. To be sure, I texted her to know her whereabouts. True enough, she was already in church. It was her day and it should be very special. So, I got dressed and went to join her.

Alas, it was not an ordinary mass as I expected. They call it Chrisma. I have never attended one and I can only surmise that it was a mass that would celebrate the renewal of a priest's vows. There were about 50 priests coming from different towns and parishes with the archbishop celebrating the mass. In other words, it was a long celebration. There was this part when the priests lined up to receive the blessings of the archbishop with a bear hug and that alone consumed about twenty minutes or so. T make a long story short, the mass took about two hours.

When Nitz and I received holy communion, we did not finish the mass anymore and proceeded to have a simple breakfast at Jolibee. From there, I helped her cook her favorite dish by chopping about ten onions to smithereens causing my eyes to bleed tears.

After lunch, we set off for the hotel, Crowne Plaza, which is a gift from our eldest daughter, Kraiganne. When we got to the place, I joined the valet to see where he would park the car. (Actually, I forgot to bring my contraband of cigarettes and I didn't like my wife to see I brought some. :) When I tried to rejoin the family at the check in counter, I was told that they are checking in at the 19th floor. It was then that I realized this was not the usual hotel check-ins we usually do. True enough, we were led to a suite room at the 17th floor. My daughter made sure we would enjoy something different this time. Very nice.

When we were settled, we were joined by our two sons. First to arrive from school was Coby. Still clad in his chef uniform, he arrived with some delicacies and a bunch of flowers for his mom. Mickey was still in the office in a meeting with his bosses. He joined us at dinner together with my sister-in-law, her husband, and their child.

Our twenty-sixth anniversary is just like the way we always celebrate it. Fun and enjoyment with nary a care in the world about office work, debts and all that negative vibes which is just as it should be. With this famiy I've got, who needs to be rich?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Rolly congratulation and you really deserved to be treated Royally by your family for being a perfect parents.
I wish you more another 26 years of happiness. Take care and discard that cig ok?

bertN said...

Happy 26th Anniversary!

rolly said...

Sorry for the late response. I don't know what's happening but I don't get email notifications and only get to know there are comments when I go to my blogger account.

Anonymous thanks. I wonder who you are.

bertN thank you po.

Anonymous said...

love you Pa! You are all my "jewels" in my life

BlogusVox said...

Huli man daw...

Belated Happy Aniversary to you and your wife, Ka Rolly!!

Nakaka-touch naman ang pinag gagawa ng mga anak nyo.

Who needs material riches nga naman, when you're already surrounded with all love which money can't buy.

rolly said...

Blogus thanks a lot. I'm sure we share the same happiness with our respective families.

bing said...

hello, mr. rolly! april din ang anniversary namin ni papsie.

eneweiz, belated.

the family is a stronghold, as always. i wouldnt need anything in this world to survive but them.