Thursday, February 28, 2008

Boy, but he grows fast!

It's just been a month since I mentioned that we got ourselves the first family pet. You might be thinking that it's a little late for us to acquire a pet but I was not very kin on having one while the kids are growing up since I know that having a pet dog can be serious business. I would like to make sure that my children know how to handle a dog responsibly as I did not want any problems on my hands. As a matter of fact, my youngest had a tragic experience with my SIL's dog. He was bitten on the head! The doctors made sure that he has got to have his shots as the nasty bites were near the brain. Anyway, seeing how excited the children are upon seeing this puppy, I knew we are prepared to have a pet.




His name is Yogi, probably a mongrel given to my wife as a gift from Tagaytay for having stood as sponsor for a friend's child's wedding. He is a very cute little puppy and a darling to all of us.



Well, he is beginning to learn the rules of the house now. He no longer bites hard and has lessened jumping on everyone when excited. I have gotten him accustomed to having his neck on a leash everytime I take him out for a walk. Even managed to make him stay put while on a leash while I cleaned the car. Last Saturday, I bought him some goodies like dog biscuits which he adored. Took him only three days to finish the whole pack. I also bought him a nail cutter and a fake bone, which I might say are both inutile right now as I could not work the nail cutter with him refusing to give his paw, and yes, you figured out correctly, probably a tasteless bone.

He's grown very big now. I could not imagine how he'd growb this big in just a little over a month. He's gotten so big that we had to find a new haven for him. Have a look for yourself:







GOTCHA!!!


11 comments:

tintin said...

Hahahahah!!! A good belly laugh there.

bayi said...

Rolly

You love dogs!

This is a super cute one!

rolly said...

tintin nice to know that it worked.

bayi Only when the dog is well behaved.

ipanema said...

hahahahaha...sira! nakakatakot na hybrid yan ah. :)

Panaderos said...

Yogi is truly turning out to be a really cute dog. Glad to know that you're having fun with him. Kailan mo kaya magagamit ang nailcutter sa kanya? :)

rolly said...

panaderos we succeeded using it, finally. My son cut th nails while I held Yogi. The thing is, the nails are still long. I think we're too afraid to hurt him. :-)

Anonymous said...

grabe naman kuya rolly. dapat kasi isang baso lang kada linggo kung diligan iyan!!!

bigyan mo ng fitrum para looking WOW~!

Jet said...

You're so right to have kept Yogi Tito. See what he's doing to you. He's making you playful. :D

rolly said...

colleen Fibrum?Okay, I'll check that one out.

jet Always naman akong joyful. hehe

batjay said...

dalhin mo na lang sa vet para sa pedicure bossing. kadalasan, ayaw ng mga aso na kinakalikot paa. yung clinic ni datu (yung aso namin) ay naroon sa ortigas extension. may branch din sila sa shaw blvd. extension (malapit sa motel row).

Nick Ballesteros said...

Uuuyyy Tito Rolly and laki na nga ng dog nyo. Pati ilong at tenga, lumaki.