Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thoughtful Blogger Award

Isn't it ironic that officials of the DepEd just don't seem to learn their lesson from past mistakes. Yes, the government agency who takes care of everything that pertains to education, ergo, learning! Just exactly a week ago, I was ranting about the DepEd's late decision to call-off classes because they keep on relying on our weather bureau's forecast about typhoons. Well, they're at it again. This time even worse as the suspension came at around 9:30 when all the students have already started classes. Naturally, the sudden suspension wreaked havoc as everybody dashed home only to be met by flooded streets in Manila and Makati. As a result, a huge traffic jam ensued which extended from Alabang all the way to Zobel-Roxas. That is my only reference for that is the route I take. Listening to the radio, I learned that this is so in other areas, too. Needless to say that I was a victim myself.

But I shall not rant any further. A blogger, whose ideas and opinions I have learned to respect, has awarded me this:



You may be wondering what this is about. Well, it is given to:

For those who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs. For the people who take others feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for all of those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping others bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites. This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others.


Well, I don't believe I had been much help with other blogger's design as I am not that equipped when it comes to computers but I do try to answer every comment that comes my way. And yes, I do try to make my visitors feel at home and consider how the commenter would feel before I post a response. Not for anything else but that is probably due to my Filipino nature. I consider my blog as my home in cyberspace and so I treat my commenters as guests in my real world. So far, except for one or two really nasty comments I received that prompted me to activate the "comment moderation", I have been getting really friendly people in my blog. Thanks to them, a good discussion sometimes follow which enriches my knowledge of the world and reality in general.

I think I am obliged to pass the award on. The problem is I don't bloghop as much as I used to. At any rate, there are bloggers who do respond to their commenters. These are:

Ipanema not because I am just reciprocating for having given passing me the award but because she truly deserves it.
bugsy
Batjay
The Ca T
Amateur Misanthrope
CBS
<

10 comments:

batjay said...

i try as much as i can to reply to all the people who comment because it's the least i can do to people who take the time to read what i write.

but it's been a losing cause lately because of my work (it always gets in the way of fun). in fact, i haven't hopped in a while and i miss reading your blog.

rolly said...

xBatjay Exactly. They have given their time and their opinions and the least we can do is acknowledge.

Yes, we all have to work which gets in the way of fun.

cathy said...

titorolly,
bakit wala yong comment?

test

rolly said...

Cathy Okay na siguro. Nakapasok na to eh.

ipanema said...

OMG! At 9:30? that is so well into the morning when everyone's in their offices and classrooms. What d--b decision.

--

In my case, I think I just have a lot of time in my hands to go around. But I tell you, when my husband was alive, it is a source of some misunderstanding. So, I try to keep myself into emails. I had to ask permission to blog. there is no social life here. :(

Anyway, congratulations, you deserve it! :)

Unknown said...

yay, congrats po. :)

buti na lang sa college, most of us have walking-distance dorms, and the rain wasn't too bad yet when they cancelled classes. it's weird when they cancel classes late though, kasi nasa school ka na rin eh, eh di tapusin mo na 'yung classes mo. hehe.

moonchild said...

"pa plug: sir rolly link kita ha..."

i'm done being emopathetic....
here's my new blogsite:

hyperstellarpsyche@blogspot.com

cathy said...

i was refusing the award, titorolly because I think i don't deserve it.

I pass it on to kiwipinay.

Maria M. said...

Whoa! Good for you! Congratulations...

Anonymous said...

You deserve the award, Rolly. You are the embodiment of all the qualities that the award seeks to highlight.

Congratulations.