Thursday, April 19, 2007

Please check this out

Once again, it is national poetry month - in the United States, at least. I do not know when our's is, if we celebrate it at all. As has been a practice at the Writing Village, to which I belong, the advanced poets launched another poetry exhibit. This year's issue is dedicated to my friend, Arlene Lawson. I had been invited to join and this is my contribution. The poem is something I've written about my mother when she was still alive.

If you still have time, you can also find several of my works in other places including a piece of my artwork included in the writeup and the poems on exhibit the past four years or so in the archives. You can leave a comment or two if you want. To access the guest book and the forum, use 1234 as your username and password. Check it out! Thanks.

6 comments:

batjay said...

great poem. simple lang pero nararamdaman ko ang naramaramdaman mo.

buti at na publish bossing. i'm sure your mom would have been proud.

Ebb Tide said...

I am a first time viewer. I posted a comment on your April 9, 2007 post. Hope you get it. I am interested in art.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could learn poetry too. It's ironic. I once taught literature, but I find it hard to compose my thoughts in poetry. I am more on prose.

Nice going, Rolly! :)

cathy said...

titrolly,
yong link ng Writing Village ay wala.

rolly said...

batjay Thank you, sir. Sana nga.

ebb tide Yes, I did. Thank you for the visit and the link.

rhodora If you can write prose, you can write poetry, I'm sure. Maybe you just have not tried enough. I never had any formal training and yet nakakatsamba rin naman. hehe

Oh, I tried commenting on your blog before but I was having problems. Try ko ulit ha.

Cathy Ganun ba. Try ko ulit. Thanks.

ipanema said...

It's another good poem from your collection!