Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Pearl Anniversary

Once again, I had been remiss with blogging and visiting my favorite blogs. I apologize. You see, we just celebrated our thirteeth anniversary. No, not my wedding, silly. I'm not that old! I am talking about my school.

Yes, we just celebrated our pearl anniversary and what a celebration! It is by far one of the happiest celebrations we ever had. Everybody worked to make this one a success. We truly functioned as one cohesive community. With the guidance and supervision of the ever supportive president of the organization we fondly call Broden, the school was alive and showed much bravado. Thanks to the present president of the student council and her minions, the activities went well without any hitch but full of glitz.

We have a lot to thank for. As a young community, we have gone through a lot. The buildings, for one, is a clear manifestation of progress. From the initial main campus sprung several more buildings that grew like mushrooms that our graduates could not recognize the whole campus anymore.

Going back to the activities, one of the highlights was a concert given by the faculty of both the grade school and the high School. I took part in the latter where I played with a band that came into being as a result of the festivities. I never imagined I will be playing with a former student who is now a co-teacher of mine. Here are some pictures I think I can share. All pictures appearing here were taken by Bro. Ceci. Thanks Bro!




Me on bass




Me trying Ryan's guitar for size



Not Ray Charles but Ralph

The Band


Rob Borja singing Run


Rocker Chris Kee


Ryan and his gizmo



Jeff Menil belting out a song


choochoowa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang cute naman, parang teenager amg dating! CONGRATS! ang galing galing mo talaga, keep it up!

Panaderos said...

I must say that you look very sharp with those guitars. Rock star na rock star ang dating! :D

If you won't mind my asking, what were some of songs you played there while you were on bass? What were some of the songs you played while you were on lead (or rhythmn) guitar? Mga rock songs ba?

Paturo naman ng gitara someday! Hahaha It's one of my frustrations in life. Great pics and congrats to your organization's anniversary! May you guys have many more!

rolly said...

anonymous Parang nagmumurang kamias no? hehe

panaderos The songs were:
Everlong by the Foo fighters
Plush - STP
an LIT song the title of which I can't remember

Nung nag guitar ako,

Somewhere in the Middle by Dishwala and Iris by the Goo goo dolls