Monday, December 31, 2007

Two days in Paradise

Petronas Tower


Wife and I had a taste of heaven for two days! We went to a much needed respite from
our jobs as parents and bread winners for a brood of four and party we did! This could not have been possible without the help of Bayi, a known and well-loved visitor of Filipino bloggers, and his charming wife, Sok Kin who gave us a two day packed tour of Malaysia through sites and delicious food.






We started the day with a delicious breakfast in China Town where we had porridge with a choice of different goodies like fish with herbs that you dip on a bowl of scalding rice soup to cook, Malaysian lechon with its delectable crispy skin, pig innards (chicharong bulaklak) which are as crunchy, and a soft noodle cooked in a sweet, hot sauce on the side.











Next was a short tour of Kuala Lumpur on our way to the Petronas Tower, compliments of SK who was then at Penang and will join us up for dinner the following day.


Next stop was a taste of Indian culture through cuisine for lunch where one eats with his hands on a banana leaf. We were joined later by Sok Kin and were off on the road again. Next stop was the Batu Caves, a well-known sacred place thirteen kilometers north of Kuala Lumpur. Thereafter, we headed off for an overnight stay at the Colmar Tropicale, a French theme resort up on the hills at Bentong, Pahang of Bukit Tinggi. Again, we were taken by Bayi and wife to the town for a sumptuous dinner of seafood and vegetables.
















25 comments:

cathcy said...

Glad you posted bayi's pic.

Now i know who's spamming me.

JOKE JOke,

hahahaha

hope you enjoy your terip.

Say hi to bayi and his wife for me.

The Ca t

rolly said...

Cathy Oh yes, we did!

batjay said...

inakyat mo ba yung hagdan na mahaba sa batu caves?

rolly said...

batjay Oh yes, I did! It was worth all the trouble climbing all those steps. Did it one landing at a time and taking pictures.

Mec said...

hope the Holidays were meaningful and inspiring, and the New Year ahead promising and challenging and interesting :)

rolly said...

mec Same to you. 2007 has been good to me as I know it had been with you. Now let's see what's in store for us this coming year. Happy New Year to you, Jojo and the baby!

SK said...

Glad to know that you and your wife did enjoy the trip!

rolly said...

SK We surely did! Thank you for the lovely dinner It was the perfect way to end our stay. See you in Manila in two months. Don't forget to call, okay?

Happy New Year!

ipanema said...

that's a beautiful way to spend time to yourselves. sometimes couple have to do this. time away from the children. i can see that you will have more of that as they are now old enough to take care of themselves.

A happy, prosperous New Year to you and your loved ones!

Thanks for sharing beautiful photos! :)

cbs said...

friendship comes from above, right, titorolls?

here's a happy new year to you, the wifey, and the whole family...

Dr. Emer said...

HAPPY 2008 TO YOU and TITA NITZ!

What would make you come back to Malaysia, the food or the sights?

Did you get to go to the top of Petronas? Isn't KLCC great?

I'll call you when I get back, Tito Rolls! See you!

BZero said...

selamat tengahari~

Thanks for posting these comments and pictures about your trip to Malaysia. They bring back fond memories of my own, and make me long to return.

terima kasih banyak-banyak!

rolly said...

ezero I presume you're Malaysian. I'm glad the pictures reminded you of fond memories.

haha, I don't think I stayed that long to acquire an understanding of the language but I do recognize selamat as our "thank you" is salamat.

Svelte Rogue said...

ASTIIIIIG!!!!!

Panaderos said...

Rolly, I keep going back to your site to look at the very nice pictures you took around Kuala Lumpur. Mind if I ask one last question? What is the name of that outdoor cafe/restaurant where you, your wife, and Bayi were having a nice lunch? Thanks again.

rolly said...

svelte Thanks

Panaderos Sorry but I tried looking at all the pictures I have of the Indian restaurant hoping I can get the name but the only one I have is not complete. It has Curry House at the end.

Panaderos said...

That's alright, Rolly. I was just wondering if the place you ate was made up of outdoor cafes/restaurants. The place looks real nice. Thanks.

bayi said...

Rolly/bzero

Kanna Curry House, Puchong. The cafe is indoors but very open and without air-conditioning. It has an outdoor section that is patronized at night when the weather is cooler.

bayi said...

Panaderos

Sorry, I meant to direct the previous entry answering your query but somehow I wrote it to bzero! MY apologies.

kat said...

Just wanted to wish you a HAPPY 2008!
Amazing pics from such an amazing trip!! I hope one day to do a tour of the Asian cities myself!

Love your food description!

Panaderos said...

Bayi,

Once again, thank you very much for the info. As I wrote to Rolly earlier, I must have viewed his pictures quite a number of times already. The sites are so beautiful. Thanks again and kindest regards.

Anonymous said...

looks like an incredible time rolly. My wife and I definitely need some time off from our teaching jobs to take a real vacation!

rolly said...

trench It was. You're a teacher,too. I truly recommend having time off from all that work then. :-)

rolly said...

Kat Thanks and Happy New Year to you, too. Kiss the baby for me.

Anonymous said...

hi there mr rolly.. i saw your account in a review of balay indang.. may i know where to contact balay indang? pls send me the contact no. pls.. thank you. here's my ym id. tessa_soriquez .. be blessed!