Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm back!

I have not been active since my mother died. No bloghopping, no internet, no new posts. This is because our home computer died on us and it was only yesterday that the repairman came to fix it. Well, not too much of a loss for me, actually. When my friend Arlene died, a big part of my computer activities died with her. We communicated practically everyday via this mode.

2006 was not a good year for me. I have lost four people I love. First to go was my aunt, the older and only sister of my mom; my friend Joji who finally succumbed to cancer while I was in Canada; my closest friend, Arlene and the final blow and most painful of all, just two days before Christmas, my mother passed away. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who reached out to console me during these trying times. I had failed to respond to readers' comments simply because I did not have a computer. Rest assured that your beautiful thoughts are very much appreciated.

Anwyay, no matter how cruel the past year has been, life has to move on and that is what I am going to do. I have my hands full. It was submission of grades the past week, I have accepted teaching several Korean students for advanced lessons in painting every Saturdays, had been reading several books, two of which are gifts from a German friend, Herr Karl Wioncek, who wrote/edited two books about the presence of German ships in the Philippines during the Spanish-American War fought in Manila Bay and a story about Magellan's circumnavigation of the world; and just now, a jamming with my two boys!

Yup, I was surprised, too. My two boys and a cousin discovered this music studio just a stone's throw away from the house (that is if you are a discuss thrower). They decided that they wanted to try it out. Hmmm, what harm will it do, huh? So, I went with them. To my surprise, Coby, the youngest, can hit those drums! (HOw did he learn to do that? Well, the beating those pillows got did some good!) And Mickey can play the guitar. I also wrote about the anxiety attack I had when he first performed in school. Read about it here I played bass for them and we did a few tunes here and there. Great! I am looking forward to the next session. We may suck today but who knows what is in store for tomorrow, eh?

13 comments:

Jdavies said...

it's good to see ur posting again. I'm sure it has been difficult for you and your family. cliched as it may, or so it's said: what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.

More power to you this 2007 =)

And i hope to jam with you in that studio soon tito rolly...

cbs said...

yo, bossing rolly, great to note you are back!!!

rolly said...

Jdavies Hey, long time no see! Pag magaling na kami, invite kita. right now, naglalaro pa lang mga ank ko eh.

cbs Yes, I'm back.

Anonymous said...

Tito R,

Welcome back. Mapayapa at Masaganang Bagong Taon! 2007 will be Good :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back Tito Rolly! Happy New Year too.

rolly said...

ReyA Thank you and happy new year to you and your family, too. I'm sure you're enjoying the brand new home.

michael Thanks and happy new year to you, too. May this year bring you more blessings.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back and I hope 2007 will bring you all the best!

Anonymous said...

nyek! yung comments ko nawala!
anyhoo - glad to see you're back in the swing of things!
post some of your artwork here, ok? i do paint once in awhile but i'm way far from calling myself an artist!

Anonymous said...

pwede ba akong makipag jamming sa inyo? miss ko nang kumanta. wala kasi ritong magaling kumanta sa america. hehehe.

actually, mayroon kaming house band dito sa opisina at marami ritong magaling mag combo. ayaw lang nila akong isali.

good luck sa sideline mong painting teacher, bossing.

finally, Magellan's circumnavigation of the world - nung bata ako, akala ko tungkol ito sa pagpapatuli ni magellan.

rolly said...

marie thanks

G I didn't get any in my email for moderation. I'm glad you tried again.

I do post my works here occasionally. Please go to my archives. You'll find one a few posts downwards. I'd love to see your work, too.

batjay Definitely! Tamang-tama, by the time na dumating ka ulit ng pinas, medyo me pondo na kaming mag-aama (siguro). Si Mickey, pinag-aaralan mga licks ni Hendrix at Clapton, siguro to please me. hehe

Teka, yun nga ata ibig sabihin nung kay Magellan. hmmm... :-)

Anonymous said...

Omg, Arlene Lawson?? Am sorry for your losses, Tito Rolly. Haven't checked any of my friends' blogs for such a long time. This is quite a shock to me. :( I remember Arlene. She was so gracious and appreciative of my poems. Thanks for letting us know each other, short it may be.

Hope all's well with you. Ingat po lagi.

Belle

rolly said...

bugsy oo nga e. Pati computer nakiramay. But... yun na nga, am back.

belle Long time no see. I've been meaning to email you pero di ko alam addy eh.

She's a great loss. I was told they're folding up the ezine. Sayang naman no? Yes, she liked your poetry very much.

Anonymous said...

It's ok, Tito Rolly. Haven't been that active online for a long time. But this is such a shock to me. I love her for the show of support and appreciation she gave me about my poetry. I even told her before that I wish to meet her when I immigrate to Canada someday. She's such a warm and loving soul. I can imagine the sorrow you are experiencing losing her cuz even such a short time that I've known her, I am devastated by this news.

*hugs*

Belle