.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A tour around North Vancouver!

I was picked-up by a very good Filipino friend today who toured me around North Vancouver. There was a drizzle when we left Richmond and to her dismay, it became a shower after we took a sumptuous Filipino lunch in NOrth Vancouver. We headed for the Sea Bus which took us to Canada Place Convention Center. I assured her that I am having a good time and that no rain can dampen my spirits. At any rate, the shower stopped just as we were about to disembark the boat.

A Portion of Canada Place Convention Center Posted by Picasa


After staying awhile at the Convention Center, we went back to North Van and headed for Capilano Suspension Bridge a rain forest that was connected to the main road by a long suspension bridge. It was a fun walk on the bridge as it kept on swinging that you would still have a feel of your trembling knees after several seconds.

Inside the rain forest, a network of smaller suspension bridges connected cedar trees just right below the canopy. A very thrilling and informative tour, the visitors to the park were given a 20% discount because it had been raining earlier. Neat deal, eh?


Entrance to Capilano Suspension Bridge Posted by Picasa


Stop swinging the bridge please, you guys! Posted by Picasa


Then, we went to the salmon hatchery hoping that we can see salmon going back to the lake they were born before heading to the ocean to spawn. However, she knew this was not the right season but we went anyway hoping she can be wrong and just so I would have a picture of what it could be like when the salmon came.


Look, this ain't salmon season yet! Posted by Picasa


No salmon? No bears... Wait! What is this? Posted by Picasa




What? No people, too? Posted by Picasa


At around 5:00, we picked-up her beautiful daughter to join us for dinner at Earls, just about a few miles before the Lion's Bridge going back to Richmond. The restaurant was impressive and classy. The first thing I noticed was that the waitresses were all breathtakingly beautiful and sexy. I commented to my friend that the restaurant should have a policy of hirng only young, pretty and sexy men and women. My dinner of Cajun chicken and pork ribs with salad and baked potatoes was just divine. No shyness with the flavors there, for sure. We took some pictures then headed back for home.

Did I mention I enjoyed the day? Well, I most certainly did! My heartfelt gratitude to my friends who will remain anonymous forever.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger cathcath said...

titorolly,
so she forgot to call me, to talk to you.

hehehe
enjoy your vacation.

unanimous eheeh anonymous pa rin siya.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your stay in Canada Tito. Buti naman at nagkita kayo ni Ting..pero bakit walang pics? At bilib ako, nakapag-blog ka pa ha??!! Hehe... ingats - Ajay

10:48 PM  
Blogger rolly said...

Cathy Sige nga, who do you think she is? haha Yes, I'm enjoying my stay here.

Ajay Good guess but do you think it was Ting whom I met yesterday? I am neither confirming or denying it was Ting. hehe Kaya nga anonymous no. haha

thanks

11:22 PM  
Anonymous sachiko said...

lol kay ajay! haha! sinabing nang anonymous eh..hehe..

nice happenings rolly, sarap mo naman. i don't think i can take that bridege, takot ako sa heights.
nice pics too and next time kuha ka rin ng shots ng foods na kinakain ninyo dyan.. :)

12:00 PM  
Blogger rolly said...

sachiko That was also what was on my mind. I fear heights, too. Pero, tame naman siya, malapad ang lalakaran. Kaya lang talagang minsan nag-suswing sya ng malakas lalo na pag me mga teen-agers na naglalaro.
The trick is to stay at the middle. Less ang swinging.

2:55 PM  
Blogger VICKY said...

rolly- looks like you are having a good time. maulan pala dian- the sceneries are spectacular. Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. More please!

7:46 PM  
Anonymous bayi said...

It's obvious that you are really enjoying yourself. I am happy for you.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cat..anonymous forgot her cell phone at home. That's why when she got lost, she had to go around several blocks to look for a pay phone.

And Cat, anonymous lost your tel. no.

'will see him again sometime this week..

2:03 AM  
Blogger BatJay said...

SARAP buhay ng bakasyonista. wala nang salmon ngayon?

2:48 PM  
Blogger cathcath said...

anonymous,

anonymous ka na, forgetful pa. hahaha
kaya pala when i called up the phone, voice mail lang.

3:03 PM  
Blogger jairam said...

wow tito rolly, ganda ng mga pictures nyo po!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

great pics of your trip so far! i especially enjoyed your account of your jam session! led zeppelin is one of my favorite bands! now if i could only play like jimmy page...

11:17 AM  
Blogger rolly said...

Vicky I am. Very much. Always do when I am here.

Bayi Thanks

Batjay Marami pa. Sa grocery store. Sarap!

CAt Paminsan-minsan pala lumalabas ka sa convent? hehe

jairam MAganda yung mga kumuha e.

Kat If only I had half of Jimi Page's talent and creativity...

3:06 AM  
Blogger Cerridwen said...

My apologies tito rolly, I have been so out of the loop I didn't even know you are in Canada which is just a phone call away. If you get the chance would you mind e-mailing me a phone number where I can call you to at least say hello? I will apprecaite that tremendously.

Happy Mother's day to your wonderful wife.

4:01 AM  
Blogger rolly said...

Cerridwen No problem. I know you have been busy.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

About
MGA TURO NI TITO:
Twenty years of teaching must sure amount to something. A new friend in cyberspace suggested I ought to have a journal by now. I agree.


Taken by my friend Arlene Lawson in her room at Century Park Sheraton in May, 2000.
Posted by Hello
Name:
Location: Bambang, Pasig City, Philippines

Jack of all trade, master of none. First a disclaimer. My students have discovered this blog and they might think that what I write is gospel truth. Worse is they might find an argument that they think they can use, for some reason or another, against their teachers. So, to set the record straight, it is NOT. As a matter of fact, I write and open it to feedback to get another view in the hope that somebody would tell me if I am wrong and reenforce my thinking if it is right. Not that I will accept anything thrown my way, though. Just so I can think about it some more and decide whether my original stance is right or definitely off tangent. So there. I hope that clarifies everything. Now, on to blogging.


PREVIOUS POSTS:
Click here to join pinoyteachersnetwork
Click to join pinoyteachersnetwork

Support World AIDS Day

Blog
Links

  • kwentong tambay
  • the sassy lawyer
  • the best of me
  • Now What, Cat?
  • Parallel Universes
  • Chet's Corner
  • Jardine Davies
  • I Dare
  • Deja Brew
  • rocker's world
  • Bong K
  • Belle
  • panaderos
  • RJ
  • Bugsy
  • Avant-garde
  • Pinay Hekmi
  • Writings on the wall
  • Matapoor
  • Idiot Board
  • Sabitski Point
  • The Philippines according to blogs
  • Apol the great
  • Kat
  • Ate Sienna
  • Nick Ballesteros
  • Watson line
  • Jmom
  • Unlawyerly tales
  • Celia Kusinera
  • Expectorants
  • Mec
  • Toni
  • Transience
  • A Moores
  • Romesez
  • Bing
  • Dean Alfar
  • Marisol
  • Basang Panaginip
  • Manuel L. Quezon III
  • cbsmagic
  • Ipanema
  • Nostalgia Manila
  • Gilber Tan
  • eunice
  • siu
  • auee
  • DepEd Teacher
  • Ever
  • blogusvox
  • jun blas
  • mona
  • Glennis' poetry
  • my son, Mickey

  • Netha
  • Broden
  • Nina Erika



  • visit my other blog


  • My students' blogs
  • Yaps
  • Pepsi
  • Stani
  • Sun King
  • Dream On
  • Just wondering
  • Not that kind of Girl
  • miki
  • View my art works

  • The Wall
  • Hala Hila
  • college works
  • taking the bait
  • Paintings in Canada
  • tabula rasa
  • The day before
  • His favorite mounds
  • Yin and Yang
  • The Highlanders
  • Two Saints
  • Watercolor 1
  • Watercolor series
  • More works in Canada
  • The Struggle
  • Chinese Paintings et.al
  • The Visit
  • New works
  • The Picnic
  • Composition 1


  • Travel time
  • Blueroze Farms, Lipa City
  • Subic - pictures
  • Bicol
  • Canada
  • Vancouver
  • Whistler
  • Balay sa Indang
  • Hundred Islands
  • Thailand
  • Thailand in pictures
  • Malaysia Day 1
  • Malaysia Day 2
  • Korea
  • Korea I
  • Beijing, China
  • South Korea 2
  • Manilena Logo

    Powered by Blogger

    My Personal Favorite Posts

  • Nitz, the discipline officer
  • Derma Clinic anyone?
  • Spare a buck?
  • parenting:life and choices
  • english is not easy
  • Desiderata translated
  • Why there are rules
  • Parenthood - Values
  • Ben Stein
  • Gift giving
  • Not everyone was born to be a rocket scientist
  • Ayn Rand could be wrong:Or is she?
  • Sa aking mambabasang si Olga
  • Who is number one?
  • Who is number one - Part 2
  • Who is number one - Part 3
  • Proud Papa don't preach


  • Married life
  • Classroom shortage, Ms. President?
  • Academic freedom
  • Arlene
  • Nanay
  • Education in the future
  • Elections
  • Free will and Spinoza
  • Is there a God- Soren Kierkegaard
  • Bertrand Russell and Daniel Quinn
  • Erap's pardon
  • wearing different masks
  • Reading
  • There is always a silver lining
  • A Walk back to 1973 and I am 16 years old again
  • All's Well that Ends Well
  • Copyright
    Everything found here comes solely from the mind of the author and are therefore original. Plagiarists beware!
    Content © Turo ni Tito, protected under the Intellectual Property Code of the Philippines and the WIPO Copyright Treaty

    turo ni tito
    A
    affiliated with cathcathnetwork.
    FREE Webmaster Tools
    Subscribe to pinoyteachersnetwork
    Powered by groups.yahoo.com