Sunday, May 07, 2006

A tour around North Vancouver!

I was picked-up by a very good Filipino friend today who toured me around North Vancouver. There was a drizzle when we left Richmond and to her dismay, it became a shower after we took a sumptuous Filipino lunch in NOrth Vancouver. We headed for the Sea Bus which took us to Canada Place Convention Center. I assured her that I am having a good time and that no rain can dampen my spirits. At any rate, the shower stopped just as we were about to disembark the boat.

A Portion of Canada Place Convention Center Posted by Picasa


After staying awhile at the Convention Center, we went back to North Van and headed for Capilano Suspension Bridge a rain forest that was connected to the main road by a long suspension bridge. It was a fun walk on the bridge as it kept on swinging that you would still have a feel of your trembling knees after several seconds.

Inside the rain forest, a network of smaller suspension bridges connected cedar trees just right below the canopy. A very thrilling and informative tour, the visitors to the park were given a 20% discount because it had been raining earlier. Neat deal, eh?


Entrance to Capilano Suspension Bridge Posted by Picasa


Stop swinging the bridge please, you guys! Posted by Picasa


Then, we went to the salmon hatchery hoping that we can see salmon going back to the lake they were born before heading to the ocean to spawn. However, she knew this was not the right season but we went anyway hoping she can be wrong and just so I would have a picture of what it could be like when the salmon came.


Look, this ain't salmon season yet! Posted by Picasa


No salmon? No bears... Wait! What is this? Posted by Picasa




What? No people, too? Posted by Picasa


At around 5:00, we picked-up her beautiful daughter to join us for dinner at Earls, just about a few miles before the Lion's Bridge going back to Richmond. The restaurant was impressive and classy. The first thing I noticed was that the waitresses were all breathtakingly beautiful and sexy. I commented to my friend that the restaurant should have a policy of hirng only young, pretty and sexy men and women. My dinner of Cajun chicken and pork ribs with salad and baked potatoes was just divine. No shyness with the flavors there, for sure. We took some pictures then headed back for home.

Did I mention I enjoyed the day? Well, I most certainly did! My heartfelt gratitude to my friends who will remain anonymous forever.

15 comments:

cathy said...

titorolly,
so she forgot to call me, to talk to you.

hehehe
enjoy your vacation.

unanimous eheeh anonymous pa rin siya.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your stay in Canada Tito. Buti naman at nagkita kayo ni Ting..pero bakit walang pics? At bilib ako, nakapag-blog ka pa ha??!! Hehe... ingats - Ajay

rolly said...

Cathy Sige nga, who do you think she is? haha Yes, I'm enjoying my stay here.

Ajay Good guess but do you think it was Ting whom I met yesterday? I am neither confirming or denying it was Ting. hehe Kaya nga anonymous no. haha

thanks

Anonymous said...

lol kay ajay! haha! sinabing nang anonymous eh..hehe..

nice happenings rolly, sarap mo naman. i don't think i can take that bridege, takot ako sa heights.
nice pics too and next time kuha ka rin ng shots ng foods na kinakain ninyo dyan.. :)

rolly said...

sachiko That was also what was on my mind. I fear heights, too. Pero, tame naman siya, malapad ang lalakaran. Kaya lang talagang minsan nag-suswing sya ng malakas lalo na pag me mga teen-agers na naglalaro.
The trick is to stay at the middle. Less ang swinging.

Vicky said...

rolly- looks like you are having a good time. maulan pala dian- the sceneries are spectacular. Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. More please!

Anonymous said...

It's obvious that you are really enjoying yourself. I am happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Cat..anonymous forgot her cell phone at home. That's why when she got lost, she had to go around several blocks to look for a pay phone.

And Cat, anonymous lost your tel. no.

'will see him again sometime this week..

batjay said...

SARAP buhay ng bakasyonista. wala nang salmon ngayon?

cathy said...

anonymous,

anonymous ka na, forgetful pa. hahaha
kaya pala when i called up the phone, voice mail lang.

j said...

wow tito rolly, ganda ng mga pictures nyo po!

kat said...

great pics of your trip so far! i especially enjoyed your account of your jam session! led zeppelin is one of my favorite bands! now if i could only play like jimmy page...

rolly said...

Vicky I am. Very much. Always do when I am here.

Bayi Thanks

Batjay Marami pa. Sa grocery store. Sarap!

CAt Paminsan-minsan pala lumalabas ka sa convent? hehe

jairam MAganda yung mga kumuha e.

Kat If only I had half of Jimi Page's talent and creativity...

Cerridwen said...

My apologies tito rolly, I have been so out of the loop I didn't even know you are in Canada which is just a phone call away. If you get the chance would you mind e-mailing me a phone number where I can call you to at least say hello? I will apprecaite that tremendously.

Happy Mother's day to your wonderful wife.

rolly said...

Cerridwen No problem. I know you have been busy.