Saturday, May 20, 2006

my dad

On this day today in 1914, my father was born. He would have been 92 had he not died on February 14, 1986 of a heart attack. I am so far from home now but he is in my heart everyday. We were very close. I have written about him two years ago when I started blogging. You can read about him here Please follow the link and know about this man who has given me everything I need to have in life. It is not a long read. This is my only way to pay homage to his kindness and his sacrifices for me. And while you do that, please pray for his soul. Thank you very much.

PS.

I just realized I am a day late considering that my blog follows Philippine time. So, my father's birthday was on May 19.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nabasa ko na papi. Natatandaan ko yung ibang kwento mo nung hinahatid ka niya sa school mo habang nag babarilan ang mga tao dahil sa Martial Law.

ipagdarasal namin siya mamaya.

Rey A said...

Hi Rolly. Just by looking at your pictures and reading your entries shows you're having a great time in Canada though I know deep within you wish you have your family with you in sharing the beautiful experience...just like your Dad...take care and be well

rolly said...

mickey hmm, me kwento ba kong ganun? Di ko ata maalala. Ah, baka yung minsang umuwi kami dahil me rally mga students.

Rey A For sure. If only traveling is not that expensive. Well, their time will come, too. I waited more than 40 years. hehe

Anonymous said...

KUMUSTA NA SIR? NASA CANADA PALA KAYO? THIS IS ANDY FROM FLORIDA..I GOT TO SEE YOUR JOURNALS IN THE INTERNET...VERY NICE INSIGHTS, STORIES AND EXPERIENCES. PICTURES YOUR FAMILY, I SAW YOUR CHILDREN THEY WERE MY STUDENTS BACK IN LA SALLE. REGARDS TO THEM. GRADUATE NA PALA SI MIZEL. CONGRATS!

{illyria} said...

he did good by his son, rolly. i see him in you.

rolly said...

Andy Kamusta na? Okay ka ba jan? Marami na uling pagbabago sa school natin. Yes, malalaki na mga dati mong estudyante. Thanks for dropping by and making a comment. Buti naman at nagparamdam ka.

Transience thanks. I try hard to be like him everyday

Anonymous said...

Still having jetlag problems? :)

I have friends who write about their fathers so that they can express their feelings of the bond they had with their father, even though their fathers died a long time ago.

I can still remember my dad vividly and dream occasionally about doing things together with him.

It is good that we still have such feelings. I am sure your dad would have been proud of your acievements and how you have brought up your family, rolly.