Wednesday, February 13, 2013

my latest creations

"The Struggle"  
Oil on canvas  
20" X 30"

I just completed this one last Sunday.  I have been trying to incorporate texture into my style by using impasto technique (thick layers of paint)  on some portions.  

Tess and I have done it again. We completed another song this time for a visiting Brother from Mexico.  The thing is while he hails from Mexico, he has also stayed in Japan for more than three years.  Hence, he speaks three languages, English, Spanish and Japanese.  My idea was to incorporate all these languages into one song.  English for the body, Spanish for the refrain and a counterpoint of Japanese towards the end.  I plan to also incorporate guitar works especially for the refrain so that it would have a hispanic air.  It came out okay. I hope he will like it when we finally perform it for him when he leaves in March.  We'll see...

No comments: