Thursday, May 31, 2007

It must be in the blood!



Let me talk about my nephew (actually he is my apo already as he is the son of my niece but who would like to be called lolo, eh?)

I don't recall anymore when I've seen the boy last. Must have been two or three years ago. Anyway, when I first saw him much earlier, he was a little toddler learning to play the recorder. They were still living in Czechoslovakia then as my niece was finishing her dissertation. I never heard him play, though, as he did not bring his recorder with him.

The second time they came to visit, my niece,(her mom - now I have to explain that part,hehehe), who incidentally sponsored my son's violin which he still uses today, told me he was trying to play the guitar. So, when I saw them in my sister's house, I brought my guitar to listen to him play. However, I did not really get to see what his potential was (naks, like as if I can spot it right away, huh? "Will he be my protege?" hahaha) either because 1. my guitar was so big for him; 2. he was still too shy to really be at it; 3. his mind was too preoccupied with the computer game her mom brought with them; or 4. all of the above. Not that I doubt his capability to learn how to play the instrument. All he has to do, like any other human being, is to put his heart into it and practice a lot. After all, I knew at the time that he was into the arts. I have seen his paintings before. Yes, he also paints. Now, that is not surprising as his namesake is a very famous impressionist - Cezanne. We fondly call him Ces.

I got an email from my niece who now resides in the States with her husband, that her child, a grade 5 pupil, now plays the cello. As if I was asking for a proof, she sent me this picture.




Now, there are two people in the family who plays in the orchestra! Well, never mind that he gets his good looks from moi! He is a talent to be honed and discovered. Mstislav Rostropovich, move on.

5 comments:

auee said...

Hey very much a Von Trapp family pala kayo. Music runs in your veins.

cbs said...

sagot sa titulo: it must be!

mana nga siguro sa yo (talent-wise, wehehe). ngapala, meron akong cd ni rostro...aba e ga, kung magiging sintindi sya ni pogi, dapat siguro e magpapirma na ako sa inyong mag-tiyo, ngayon na mismo!

rolly said...

auee Medyo lang naman. I'm not as uptight as Herr Von Trapp. hehe

cbs penge naman kopya. Madali lang sa yousendit.com (hint hint hint) hehehe

ipanema said...

Wow, talent abound in one family! Galeng. I envy you. baket kinuha nyo lahat ng talent sa mundo. :)

rolly said...

auee Hindi naman. There are a lot of things we cannot do. Actually, we are just beginning to learn. Right now, we are just afficionados.