Friday, August 11, 2006

I did it again!

One of my works acquired a home again in Our Own Voice, an online mag maintained by Filipino expats in the States whose mission is to provide a home space for the creative expressions of Filipinos in the diaspora. A month ago, the new associate editor, Aileen Ibardaloza, got to read two poems I posted in my poetry blog and contacted me to tell me that they are interested in publishing these poems. My poem is a response I made to another poem written by my friend Toni, a co-berks member writing for blogkadahan where both poems were born. You'll find these poems here. Please do visit the site for it is a wonderful ezine with great poems, stories and essays.

This is my second poem to be published by this ezine and I am still as excited as before. The first one can be viewed here. Thank you Aileen for continued visit in my poetry blog. You don't know how much I appreciate it. Thank you Toni for sparking the idea in me to write that poem.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy week end Rolly!
And just to tell you: "ang galing naman!!!"
God bless!!

cbs said...

buti na lang di mo nilagyan ng "oopps" ang title.

a couple of good poems, those. cheers to you and toni!

Svelte Rogue said...

ang galing nyo, tito rols. the site looks great, too. one of these days, i'll sit down the whole day and read everything in there. mabuhay!

Anonymous said...

As you said in one of your earlier text messages...

"Yippee! We're a team!"

Congrats Tito R! *hugs*

Vicky said...

Di ka lang pala sa art kundi sa poetry din...Galing..I read your poems and it really challenged my Tagalog vocab and patriotic feelings. You are very talented.

kat said...

congrats on the publication!! you are one very talented guy indeed! i must admit though, your poem challenged my tagalog skills! but it certainly resonates in the mind --great work!

rolly said...

luchie Thanks. Again, happy birthday to your hubby!

cbs Although madalas mangyari sakin yun, not this timem ehehehe.

svelte great! You'll like it. Magaganda naman mga naka publish dun.

toni yipee! congrats to you, too.


vicky thanks. hindi naman, minsan lang e nakakatsamba.

kat thanks. I am still looking forward to hearing you play. Uwi ka naman dito with your guitar. Give the little one a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

Tito Rolly,

Please go to this site, http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14321230/ "The Top 100 Global Universities" (2006) ayon sa newsweek magazine. Ba't ho walang galing sa Pilipinas. Sa Asia , meron ang Japan, Singapore, at Hong Kong. Asan ang UP, Ateneo, UST, at DLSU? Kung sa kalakaran sa mundo ngayon, eh di kawawa naman pala ang Pilipinas dahil maraming graduates sa Top 4 schools natin ay mga snob at akala nila, sila ay magagaling na. Eh compared globally, wala naman palang sinabi ang mga paaralang ito.

batjay said...

congratulations bossing. alam ko naman na malayo ang mararating mo sa iyong sining.

ang hiling ko nga ay sumikat ng husto ang paintings at poetry mo.

rolly said...

Anonymous Nasa kabilang thread sagot ko sayo. Tatlong beses mong ipinost to e.

Batjay Thank you sir. Sana nga.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, rolly! Keep it up and I have no doubt that you will be truly famous one day. Don't forget us when you are, ok?

rolly said...

Bayi How I wish! If that ever happens, how can I will never forget my friends who were with me when I was a nobody for they are the real friends.

Like as if I would become popular hahahahahaha

Colleen said...

i'm not surprised... you're really good.

rolly said...

mnemosyne hirap namang i spell. hahaha

Thanks. I try to do my best and yet I know you write a lot better than I do.

Anonymous said...

i have read your exchange of poems with toni, at natuwa ako. i was about to post a comment para dun sa soft grumbles but nagloko naman ang pc ko, and forgot about it na.

cheers to you! keep it up!

rolly said...

Bing Thanks a lot. You're very kind. :-)