Friday, July 15, 2005

Happy Birthday Kim

My little angel, and I mean it literally (you choose if it's the little or the angel part hehe or both) is celebrating her 16th birthday today. I've told a lot of funny stories about her in this blog. You can read about them here, here and here.

My little angel is my third child, and youngest daughter. She is by far the sweetest among the four children that I have. She still hugs me tight and kisses me in public. I dread the day when she no longer wants to do that like her ate. Not that I am complaining but what parent would deny that a child's kisses and hugs are more than enough to take away ones worries. Works everytime, folks. I dread the day when my kids will all be grown-ups and old enough to face this uncertain world we live in. Somehow, I cherish the thought that they depend on me and my wife. I'm not fearful that they might be stepped on for my wife and I try to raise them to be fighters, not arrogant and aggressive but humble and yet assertive. We try to raise them to be independent and I think we are succeeding. Even when they were a lot younger, we would let them go to the counter in a MacDonald or Jollibee outlet, buy whatever they liked and come back with their purchase. We would le them wander in malls while we watched at the sides or sometimes give them instructions where we would meet them. Now that is a luxury rich people will never have. They'd always be worried that their children might be kidnapped. hehe

Anyway, Kim is articulate (maarte na makulit pa), speaks her mind without being rude, and is her own person. I don't doubt that she will go places as she is very determined. I've been pushing her to study hard and when she does, she gets good grades. If only she'd be consistent with her studies. At any rate, I love her very much as she's my guardian angel. Always nagging me about my smoking. Sadly, I have not kicked the habit totally. Not just yet. At any rate, Happy birthday my darling angel. Your family loves you very much.

17 comments:

cathy said...

Happy Birthday to your angel titorolly.

Anonymous said...

KIM!!! Happy birthday!!

~kuya

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! pataba ka na! hehe



~coby

bing said...

hi, mr rolly! a happy, happy birthday to your LITTLE ANGEL! true, it works! like you, i seldom receive hugs and kisses from Daryl's ate. well, balanced naman, kasi si Daryl ay malambing. (kung sino pa ang lalaki)

we also trained our children to be independent, but i owe it mostly from Papsie who trained them to be independent. ako, medyo matatakutin pa at maalalahanin to the point of extreme pa nga minsan he he

pls stop smoking...

{illyria} said...

aawwww. happy birthday, kim! you make your dad proud.

Dr. Emer said...

Happy 16th Birthday to your youngest daughter, Kim! May she succeed in making you stop smoking (for good) before she becomes 17. Mabuhay ka, Kim!

God bless you both. =)

Tanggero said...

Happy b-day Kim! your dad is so proud of u.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! 16 yrs old na si Kimi!!! I can't believe how fast time flies. Every year they age the older we get. Ang batang bibo aba ah dalaga na!!

Happy birthday Kimi!!!

from Ms. Joan

Joan

Anonymous said...

happy bday po sa inyong angel!

(regular reader po ako ng blog ninyo--stumbled upon your blog from kwentongtambay. i highly regard your blog's insightful yet non-dogmatic stance. thanks po for the brain fodder).

Anonymous said...

maraming salamat po sa generous comment ninyo sa blog ko-it means a lot po, coming from you. thank you.

okay po ba kung i-link ko ang blog ninyo?

rolly said...

Thank you for greeting me on my birthday!

Kim
Cath Thanks!

Bing aka Juliet Hugs and kisses from your child really works o? Malambing ang baby mo. He'll be a very good husband. Nakakatakot na ngang mag-ian ng bata ngayon ano? Pero they need to know how to be independeht too. We will not always be there.

transience Thanks. Yes, I'm very proud of my kids.

Doc Emer Will try to again. It's very hard, though.

tanggero long time no see tayo ah. Thanks for the greetings. Pag-uwi mo, tatagay tayo.

Jonix!!! Busy ka ba sa pag-prepare ng first birthday party ni Franz? happy birthday din sa kanya ha.

Sis Thanks for the greeting and leaving a comment. I would have not discovered our blog if you dind't.

Yes, please do link up.

Thora said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter...and congratulations to you. I remember my 16th birthday, really seems so long ago.
I just had my first child 2 months ago...and I hope I raise her well...I can't wait to celebrate her 16th birthday!

Congratulations again to the both of you......turning 16 is a milestone!

rolly said...

Thora Wow, you come all the way from Iceland. It's nice to know that someone from really out there is reading my thoughts. Come back soon.

Give your two children a hug and a kiss each for me. i just love babies.

rolly said...

Karen Hi, welcome to my little space in cyberlandia. Sige, close na tayo, hehe. Thanks for the greetings. Come back again ha.

Romeo Moran said...

happy birthday kay kim. i think i may have to choose the "little" part (joke lang, kim! :D)

rolly said...

Pepseeh Hala ka, lagot ka kay Kim. Tatarayan ka nun! haha

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your Kim!