Monday, March 12, 2007

Blogs!

When I started blogging, I had only one thing in my mind. It was going to be a personal journal that contained my thoughts on any topic and a repository of my so called poems. Hence, my first blog.came out to be some sort of an odd mixture of diary, poetry and rants. I thought the blog lacked focus. The blog might have been personal but the learner in me got more inquisitive, aspiring to do much better. It was at this time that I learned to look at other blogs, notably, Batjay's and Sassy's blogs. And as my side panel says, it was Batjay who urged me to create a teaching blog.

My only purpose for blogging is to keep something of me for safekeeping until such time as my children and/or their children (and so forth), would get to know who I am, what I live for, how I live and how I react to certain situations. I think this is better than making long sermons that would enter the right ear and come out at the left. Teen-agers! We all went through this stage, did we not? In the process, I share my thoughts to the net hoping I can inspire and be of help to anybody out there to whom my words speak.

Three years have passed and this blog has gone a long way. It has been featured as blog of the week in Pinoyblog.com and the Manila Bulletin together with Marisol Angala, another teacher, based in Washington. Yesterday, I received a note from Ipanema that the blog is a nominee in this year's Philippine Blog Awards. I did not know this so I immediately checked Technorati -- and there it was! The blog is a nominee for Best Socio-Political blog. Hmm, not bad! I do not expect to win for there are many blogs out there more worthy but to whoever nominated this blog, my sincere gratitude. God Bless you.

7 comments:

batjay said...

WOW! ang galing mo talaga bossing. idol talaga kita. malayo na nga ang narating mo in terms. your blog has evolved into something more than a teaching blog. it's a blog of a teacher and a great human being.

i hope you win.

Nostalgia Manila said...

Marami pong salamat sa inyong pagbati ng "congratulations" Tito Rolly. Sana nga manalo ang Nostalgia Manila, at umakyat sa stage ang maraming tao para kunin ang award. That would definitely be a first, and something spectacular!

Thank you for the continued support.

rolly said...

lmBatjay Malabo sigurong manalo. Ang gaganda at ang gagaling nung mga nominated eh. Teka, pag nanalo na ba, di na pwede ulit? Kasi ba't hindi kasama blog mo?

Nostalgia Pati ko sasama sa pagpanik ha. Kasi our blog really speaks to me as most of the posts are about my generation.

ipanema said...

Rolly, is that a yearly thing? I think you have to apply to be included and then they'll choose from there. Send some entries. Am I correct?

rolly said...

Ipanema I don't know anything about this. I did not apply nor send any entry. I think it is a yearly thing as Batjay's blog won about wo years ago.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Tito Rolly!

Yours is one of the first blog that I started reading (the first one I discovered was Sassy's ... that led me to you). I learned a lot from here - a teacher learning from another teacher - and I am honored to be counted as one of your fans.

Rey A said...

Congratulation on your nomination..sabi nga..."You're The Man"...hanep