Saturday, February 03, 2007

Published again

I just got word today that the final issue of the Country mouse, a poetry e-zine co-owned by my friend, Arlene , is now out. Guess who's in it. Moi!!!! Yup, I have five poems included in this issue. What's even great is that I have been promised that I shall be getting three copies of the printed issue.

Too bad, this is the final issue. The ezine held contests every issue and published the winners. This time, together with the winners, friends of Arlene were asked to submit poems for publication.

Incidentally, should you happen to view my poems, the picture of me was taken in Canada during my last visit there. There are things too good to be true. Never did I know that that would be the last time I would be with my friend.

In the meantime, you can read my poems here Tell me what you think.

13 comments:

batjay said...

congratulations bossing. proud na pround ako na ma associate sa iyo. ang galing mo talaga.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again, Rolly. Looks like you are getting international attention yet again! Way to go, man!

rolly said...

batjay Thanks. However,m itis the other way around. You have already a book (which is successfully doing well, I might add) under your name while I am still struggling to come up with one. Well, who knows...

Bayi Thanks. I hope so. But I don't want to be a prophet unknown in his own land, mind you. hehehe

ipanema said...

they're beautiful rolly. i like : smiles when she sleeps, the canvass and the best for me is reversal of roles. I think I read it over here. Congratulations!

marie said...

Congratulations Kuya Rolly, galing naman.

Dr. Emer said...

beautiful words
beautiful rhythm
wonderful poems
but even more wonderful is your picture, tito rolly!
you look so young in that photo.

kudos from a long-time fan!

rolly said...

Ipanema Thanks. Yes, I have posted some of these poems here. Should you have some spare time, you can read more of my works in my poetry blog. (para meron namang dumadalaw dun haha)

marie thanks. Your very kind.

Doc Emer That was a very nice compliment. And to think that was taken only last year. YOu are such a true friend LOL!!!!

Vicky said...

I like your poems, very reflective and easy to read. You are a very creative person in both pen and canvass. People like you are rare. More power to you Rolly.

ipanema said...

will do! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tito Rolly! I like all of them but especially "she smiles when she sleeps". I also like the mention of Ms. Lawson in your short bio. You were blessed to have known someone like her.

Kailan kaya ako matuto ng poetry? :)

Unknown said...

Vicky Thanks for the compliments. Yes, my poetry is just an easy read.

Bugsy Alam kong kayang-kaya mong gumawa nyan if you put your heart into it. You're a very good writer with a lot of heart - and that's all you need.

Rey A said...

Newbie rides the bus...I can relate to that when I took my first bus in MN. At least I didn't have to walk 4 miles when I got off the wrong stop and it did not rain. Congratulations...truly a Man of Arts be it in canvass or parchment.

rolly said...

Rey A Confusing, right? That time I think I panicked. I shouldn't have and asked the driver instead. I guess I was too shy. Always have been.

Thanks.