Thursday, December 29, 2005

Well, it's time they moved in together and raise a family of their own . . . him and her.

Tomorrow will be exactly a year ago when I attended a very important EB in the blogging world. This is the first time members of pinoyblog assembled to celebrate Christmas and do away with the anonymity of some of the bloggers. It was a very significant for me because I am a very visual person and I have to put a face on somebody I communicate with.

Anyway, I was in for a big treat because one of these bloggers, Mec came with her boyfriend, Jojo, who happens to be one of my students since he was in Grade 5 till Grade 7. Yes, it was that long time ago! Most of the guys in that EB have not only been online friends eversince but became really close to me as we have formed a bonding through a common blog called blogkadahan as an offshoot of Doc Emer's emailing buddies, the berks! Since then, we have been in constant communication, which is practically everyday, turning gmail as a some sort of a venue for chatting. While Jojo is not a blogger, he has been present every meeting the blogkadahan friends had. That makes him an honorary member, I guess.

Last night, would have been the second EB for pinoyblog but unfortunately, I coulnd't attend it for it was last night that Jojo and Mec were joined by relatives and frieds as they tied the knot at St. Pancratius Church (Paco Park). Doc Emer and his soulmate, Jane, and me witnessed the whole event to represent the berks. There, I got to meet once more my former students who are now grown-ups and,I would assume, very successful. Also in attendance were fellow pinoy poet members Ergoe and boyfriend, Nanoy.

So, to Mr. and Mrs. Arevalo, congratulations and may you have a blissful marriage fifty years from now and beyond. Now, go forth and multiply>

Posted by Picasa

the happy couple  


Posted by Picasa

The newly wedded couple with me, Doc Emer's soulmate, Jane and the good doctor himself. 

9 comments:

batjay said...

congratulations and best wishes to jojo and mec. i remember the first time i saw them a couple of years ago. they weren't engaged yet. look where they are now. galing ano?

sayang bossing - kung nariyan lang kami, we would have been in the same table with you. miss ko na yung tawanan natin.

rolly said...

Batjay Exactly what Doc, Jane and I have been talking about. Sabi namin, had you guys been here, sarap ulit ng kwentuhan natin. Oh well, baka sa kasal ni Doc at ni Jane. hehe

:: said...

Bagong tao'y narito na,
salubungin natin ng kanta,
sana'y meron pang turo,
mula sa kay tito rolly,
sa susunod na tala.

:: said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rolly said...

Basangpanaginip

Ikaw pala'y manunula!
Sana nga, aking mga isinulat
nagbibigay aral sa madla

Salamat!

{illyria} said...

happy new year's, rolly! my love to the family.

rolly said...

transience Happy new year to you, too and yours. Looking forward to reading more of your writing this year.

Mec said...

tito rolly :)

my SIL asked us what you were doing there... and another SIL avoided you the whole night nga daw (she submitted a drawing or painting ata she didn't make, and you caught her) :)

we explained na berks ka namin :)

thank you again for gracing our wedding with your presence :)

rolly said...

mec Avoided me? We should have laughed all night long over that one. hahaha

Actually, I don't recall any incident like that anymore. Ang dami nang dumaan sa kamay kong estudyante.

Again, congratulations and thank you for allowing me to partake of the wonderful meal you served that night.